WWE returned to the Comcast Arena at Everett Events Center for the first time in 8 years on Friday, October 5. The WWE Everett show saw a large turnout of families and fans looking to bring in the weekend by enjoying the performances of their favorite WWE Superstars like CM Punk, The Big Show, Zack Ryder, Kane, AJ Lee, and hometown anti-hero Daniel Bryan, among others.Top WWE Superstar John Cena was not able to appear due to injury, so the company allowed anyone who wanted to leave and claim a refund to do so by the end of the second match of the evening. Here are the results:
- Eve Torres defeated Kaitlyn and Layla to retain the Divas championship.
- Tensai defeated Xavier Woods. Both men looked great in this match.
- Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) beat Kofi Kingston and R-Truth to retain the WWE World Tag Team championship.
- Brodus Clay defeated Damien Sandow.
- Santino Marella defeated Dean Ambrose.
- Antonio Cesaro beat Zack Ryder in a lumberjack match to retain the United States championship. The fans were able to choose between the lumberjack match and a 2 out of 3 falls match by text message.
- CM Punk beat The Big Show in a steel cage match to retain the WWE championship.
Earlier in the day, WWE’s Zack Ryder was interviewed by Gear Live about how he used social media to get noticed by WWE management, invigorating his career. No word yet on when WWE will return to the greater Seattle area.